with workouts, school, job stuff, or whatever….getting on track is always tough! I feel that we are always getting on track with something that may have dropped off. I am no different, luckily the things I try to get “back on track” vary (and it’s not always the same thing!)…right now its working out. I’ve always been consistent with my workouts, but the amount of effort I put in sometimes dwindles…and unfortunately these past couple of weeks it’s been lacking.
1. Set Goal: Workout 4-5 days a week….and make it worth it! I’m talking a sweaty mess after each.and.every.workout.
2. Make a Plan: I always set the days each week I want to get my workout in. Sometimes the days vary if I have something to do after work, but I almost always try to take Sunday off. Thats my day to rest and be lazy! Another tip for planning workouts is scheduling them in my iPhoone calendar. This way I feel more guilty if it doesn’t happen because my laptop, desktop, iPad, and iPhone are all sending me reminders!
3. Get to work: That’s right….get my booty in gear!! Hot-mess, here I come!
4. Stick to it: I try not to let 1 bad day derail my entire effort. If I had a bad workout one day, that just means the next one needs to be 10x better!
5. Reach Goal: You got it – being consistent for a few weeks usually makes it much easier to keep up the goal. Once it’s a habit and part of your routine, it’ll feel normal. Just remember, any goal, habit or not, needs to be re-visited so that you don’t get off track in the first place.
So heres my workout goal for this week:
MONDAY– Off (This wasn’t my goal, but it’s what happened!
TUESDAY– Gym: Weights (Again, wasn’t my goal but I locked myself out of my apartment! More on that later…)
WEDNESDAY– Gym: weights and eliptical
THURSDAY– Stairs x10 + lunges, tricep dips, and push-ups x4
FRIDAY– Run 5 miles
SATURDAY– Run 3 Miles
SUNDAY– OffIs there anything you feel you’ve gotten “off track” with? What goals are you setting to get back on track? Any fun workouts planned for today?