Make sure you enter day 1 of “Steph’s Favorite Things” giveaway here if you haven’t done so already!!
It’s raining in San Diego, what?! I know…doesn’t happen very often and yes, people forget how to drive in the rain, i.e. lots of traffic and accidents. This is the first big storm here in SD and it’s finally feeling a little chilly. Keep in mind, by chilly I mean we have dipped into the high 50’s and low 60’s. Some of you would probably consider this perfect weather, but we’re wimps in Southern California.
This is a reenactment of my warm outfit (minus the jacket) – ignore the fact that it was taken in the bathroom. I was at a work training and had to take the pic incognito… I don’t want people to think I’m weird, you know?
My favorite part of the rain? That I get to sport my cute umbrella, wear a jacket, and feel all cozy without getting sweaty! *Tip* Want to make sure that your husband, boyfriend, brother, dad or other
annoying special guy in your life doesn’t steal or lose your umbrella? Find the girliest one possible. I have 2- black with shoes and purses, and purple with shoes and purses…do you see a trend?! That should keep them away from your umbrella for a while…or not, who knows!
I have a holiday party tomorrow, yay! This also means I need to re-visit my tips for surviving the holiday bulge. Remember, if you know you’ll be out in a very tempting environment, you have to have a plan! No excuses!! So here’s my plan:
- Eat in Anticipation: I have a yummy and healthy breakfast from “Susan’s Healthy Gourmet” (Almond Pancakes), but I’m going to save it for Saturday and opt for my Enlightened Green Shake so that I get in a low cal, filling, veggie and protein packed breakfast. Lunch is also going to be a salad. period. I know I’ll be tempted to eat something more indulgent because it’s Friday and I’ll be out and about for work, but I have to stick to the plan.
- Think Small: I’ll eat on small appetizer plates, not too much to plan there.
- 1 for 1: Don’t get hammered. done. I’ll be with my momma, so I’ll just make sure she remembers that rule too! 😉
- The Tighter the Better: That’s right! I got my outfit planned…I’m going with the snugger black pants (it’s cold but they still look dressy and cute) instead of the comfy ones.
- Hit the Gym: I know I’m going to be hating this in the morning, but I’m headed to the gym early in the am since going after work is going to seem less appealing. My husband is definitely going to have to drag me out of bed to go (he goes early in the morning too)!
- Be Picky: That one should be easy for me because I tend to be selective in what I eat anyways…but I’ll be sure to steer clear of the not-so-worth-the-calories foods.
So there it is! Gotta make it happen…only a couple more weeks till the new year, then we’ll be bombarded with the “let’s be healthy” campaigns and resolutions, making better choices a lil easier 🙂
Time to go get cozy and watch a movie with my honey bunny…keep that a secret from JC, he hates when I call him that!
My favorite ‘get cozy’ socks from my bro-in-law. Yes, I’m wearing them with capris…sexy, I know.Is it cold and rainy where you live? Love it or hate it? Eh, don’t hate it but I’m not a fan of the wet weather…I’d rather it was just cold than wet. Any holiday parties this weekend? Ornament Exchange Party What’s your favorite ‘get cozy’ thing to put on? UPS socks!