Let’s start with the winner- The lucky KEPotts of Katie en Pursuit will be the proud new owner of the PURSEmafia carryall tote, lucky gal!! I’m sure you’re going to love your new bag so much you’ll tell all to get all your friends to go out and buy on too! If you’re not a winner this time, still be sure to check out the site…they have great bags at all price points.
*Quick Sweaty Stats* – yesterday I ran 5 miles-my knee hurts towards the end of the run. The end. I have more fun and exciting things to get to!
So instead of jumping to the giveaway next, I have a simple and delicious recipe to share. By now, if you’ve been reading for a bit, you may have noticed that I like recipes that are healthy and easy. I can do the elaborate recipes with long lists of ingredients and several hours on my hands, but at the end of the day it’s the easy recipes that are going to become ‘regulars’ in my household!
Enter the recipe for today:
These are great as a snack and especially as a salad topper. They’re easy and extremely versatile, too!
Here’s what you need:
These ingredients will make just basic roasted chickies- we’ll jazz them up later.
1. Get all you ingredients together and pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) very well. Place the chickpeas on several paper towels to dry – leave out drying for about 20-30 minutes. The dryer they are, the crunchier they’ll be!
3. Once they’re nice and dry, place them in a bowl with the olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper and toss them up well well so they’re evenly coated.
*TIP* if you have one of these gadgets, use it…if you don’t, go buy one! It will make recipes that need finely minced garlic (like this recipe) so much easier!!
4. Lay the coated chickpeas on a cookie sheet (or something equivalent to bake) sprayed with nonstick cooking spray in a single layer. This is where you can get creative- I sprinkled 1/2 with paprika and chili powder, and the other 1/2 with parmesan cheese. You can work with my spices you like! Curry will be my next batch, yum! (*I still use foil on the cookie sheet for easy cleanup)
5. Bake them for 40-45 minutes- stir them up 25 minutes into the baking, and keep an eye on them the last 10 minutes to make sure they don’t burn since ovens vary. Let stand for as long as you can, this will help them cool and get crunchy.
Ta Da!! You’re done and you’ll be glad you made a batch of these delicious chickies- your salads will never be the same without them again!
*Confession*- I put a few aside in the corner of the cookie sheet and sprinkled them with PB2 – Wow! they were actually really good! They had that sweet and savory combo going on that was amazing! Curry and PB2? Hmmmm…
This crazy combo inspired my Day 9 of ‘Steph’s Favorite Things’ Giveaway:
Yup, that’s right…you have a chance to get your hands on a jar of PB2! I love this stuff and has become the center of my recipes and obsession. I’ve been using it for more sweet and breakfast-y type recipes, but I’m starting to get into the savory cooking with it (like my chickies). It’s great in oatmeal, protein shakes, cereal, and the list could go on and on.
I have yet to find this in stores, I order my supply online from Amazon. Anyone know if it’s sold in stores anywhere?
To win, all you have to do is:
1. Ever heard of PB2? Use it? What’s you favorite use for it?
2. For an additional entry, like me on Facebook (Steph Stays Slim)
3. For even another entry, follow me on Instagram (stephstaysslim)
4. On Twitter (@stephstaysslim) send me a tweet mentioning @bellplantation #PB2giveaway
*For the additional entries for following me on FB, Instagram, and Twitter, make sure you let me know in separate comments*Giveaway ends on Saturday morning December 22, 2012 at 6:00am PST and the winner will be announced by Saturday afternoon. *I’ve extended the giveaway a bit since I got this post up later than usual* The giveaway is open to residents of the Contiguous United States. There will be one winner generated by random.org. No compensation nor product was received for hosting this giveaway-this is all me people. All opinions expressed about the product are my own.