Sweaty Stats: Yesterday I over slept and missed the yoga class I planned on going to at the Lululemon store right down the street from my house. They have free yoga every Saturday and I missed it! Boo! I was feeling lazy and wanted to skip my workout all together, but when my hubby went to the gym I knew I should get in a lil sweaty time too. I ended up getting in an ‘at-home’ Pilates workout. I have the Windsor Pilates DVD, and I love it! It’s pretty short (about half an hour), but it leaves you good and sore in all the right places.
It’s a good thing I worked out because there were a ton on goodies at my uncle’s house Saturday evening, and I tasted all of them! Yup! Kahlua cheesecake, carrot cake, brownies, and probably a few more things I can’t even remember! Truth is, I’m probably healthy 80% of the time, but I’m not going to turn down some treats and my favorite foods. It’s all about moderation, and today was an indulge day! It was a special celebration and a perfect occasion to splurge 🙂
Since most of you are probably getting ready for the week…grocery shopping, meal planning, etc. I wanted to share a recipe I made last week that my husband loved! It’s healthy, delicious, and a great way to add even more protein to a typical chicken dinner.
Creamy Parmesan Chicken
Ingredients: (serves 1)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- scant 1/4 Cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 – 3 Tbl. grated parmesan cheese (per taste preference)
- 1 tsp. each – salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano
- Pre-heat the oven (I cooked mine in a toaster oven on the ‘bake’ mode) to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cheese, and seasonings.
- Place the chicken in a small baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
- Spread the yogurt mixture over the raw chicken
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy!
- The greek yogurt add 6 additional grams of protein, making this chicken breast about 36-38 grams of protein. Awesome!
- I used the cheap grated parmesan cheese that comes in a can – as opposed to the better quality cheese. Why? because the finer it’s grated, the better the flavors mix and take away from the tartness of the yogurt.
- You can add any seasonings and spices to the yogurt mixture that you prefer. A spicy cayenne or chili power yogurt mixture would be good too!