Sweaty Stats: Friday I wasn’t able to make it to my planned run because of the rain, boo! I had to go to the gym…I hit the elliptical and did some core work. On Saturday I went on a short run with my hubby, we did some interval moves, and finished up with a few sets of stairs. The weather was perfect! Cloudy, cool, and even a bit misty. Sunday, as usual, was a rest day.
Most of my birthday festivities are over. Yes, I still have a few more fun things planned! Doesn’t everyone celebrate birthdays for 3 weeks!?! So now I need to get “back on track” with eating. On a side note, 1. I feel like “we” over-use “back on track” – including myself. 2. Birthday celebrations aren’t always the healthiest and I know I’ve indulged. Enough is enough.
Some more birthday love – flowers from JC and new iPhone case and luggage tag from my neighbor
Congrats to everyone who ran the Carlsbad Marathon yesterday! I’m bummed I couldn’t make it out there this year. This was actually my first ever half marathon a few years ago, so it holds a special place in my heart 🙂 It’s a pretty race, flat course, and starts and ends in a mall which makes parking and logistics a piece of cake.
Meal Planning Monday: Here’s some of the meals I have planned for the week-
- Salmon Burgers on Sandwich Thin with Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Salads: Market Salad with Pear and Goat Cheese; Protein Cesar Salad with Garbanzo Beans and Egg
- Baked Tilapia with Sautéed Spinach
- Creamy Parmesan Chicken made with Greek Yogurt (for the husband)
- Cottage Cheese Bowl
- Biggest Loser Protein Pancakes
- *edited to add*
- Skinny Green Protein Shake
- Creamy Cauliflower and Shrimp Sauté (This is gonna be yummy!)
- Monday: 3 mile run and core/booty work in the gym
- Tuesday: Run 5 miles and ab work at home
- Wednesday: Pilates or Yoga
- Thursday: Run 6 miles and ab work at home
- Friday: Rest ( I have plans after work)
- Saturday: 3 miles with interval workout and stairs with the hubby.
- Sunday: Rest Day
- *I may have to flip flop Sat and Sun depending on JC’s schedule – he coaches and may have a game Sat morning*
So there it is! I’ll leave you with another pic from the weekend…I’m showing off my new necklace that I rocked Saturday night!Do you meal plan for the week on Sunday (which is smarter than Monday!)? Any fun runs this weekend? Do your birthday celebrations span for a few weeks too? Or is that just me??