Sweaty Stats: So it’s been a lil while since I posted…sorry, I’m lame. Thursday I ran about 4 miles, and they were hard. period. I really need to step it up and get outta this fatty/lazy rut that I’m in! Saturday I ran another couple of miles, paired with some circuits and stairs. This was amazingly hard, in a good way. And yes, I’m still sore today!
I mentioned I’ve been in a bit of a rut, why? I don’t know. I’m still keeping up with most of my workouts, and keep eating pretty well, but I’m still feeling off. Does that ever happen to you? It’s weird because I can’t pinpoint it, but there’s something. Oh well, I guess wisdom wasn’t one of my birthday gifts this year. I’ll keep on truckin’ and hope to look as good a Katy Perry one day.
I have a short week this week, yay! We’re off on Friday and Monday for President’s Day Weekend…gotta love those presidents! The last of my birthday celebrations is coming up this weekend, we’re headed to Seattle, and I’m ridiculously excited! So with that said, I’m trying to use up some random food I have left in the fridge/freezer/pantry instead of buying a bunch of groceries that won’t get used up before we leave. I hate leaving food in the fridge and being gone for a few days, is that weird? Here’s what I have going on in the eating department-
- Cottage Cheese and Berries Bowl
- Protein Shakes
- Protein Pancakes
- Oatmeal with PB and Strawberries
- Egg Salad Sandwich (made with Greek Yogurt)
- Protein Shake (packaged – it’s about 110 calories) paired with a salad, fruit, etc.
- Leftovers if we have anything else left to use up…I’m emptying out the fridge people.
- Tilapia with spinach
- Soup with shredded chicken (for husband) – I have some cans of soup that I’ll spruce up with fresh chicken and extra veggies.
- Probably something fun for Valentine’s Day – We usually don’t go out to eat that day, so I’ll probably make something nice…or order out!
This is the perfect example of how meal planning can be simple and healthy…and still save you a buck. There’s always usually a week every month that I’ll try to scale back what new groceries I buy in order to use up stuff that just accumulates. This is a good way of saving money, and not stock pile too much. Down fall to that, if there’s ever a zombie apocalypse, I won’t have any food reserves.
Some Weekend Pics
Homemade Manicure on Friday Night – Yes, I live a Wild Life
Padres Fan Fest at Petco Park on Saturday
Kids Playing on a Smaller Field
The Famous Tony Gwynne Statue and Me on the Field
Celebrating My Brother’s B-Day…looks like my nephew is getting all the fun though!Have you ever been to Seattle? Any recommendations? What do you do when you’re in a rut? Any fun plans this long weekend coming up?